Turns out Violet should've won Willy Wonka's factory and here's why
No, we're not making this up.
From unforgettable tunes like "The Candy Man" and "Pure Imagination" to the reveal of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory for the very first time, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was and still is one of the greatest musical films ever.
But whereas the movie ended on a heartwarming note - Charlie winning Willy's chocolate factory for those who forget - a new fan theory has come up that argues why the gum-loving Violet Beauregarde shoud've been the actual winner.
And folks, the theory is actually super convincing and makes total sense.
A fan who goes by the name of Evayna shared a passionate and impressively detailed post on her Tumblr blog arguing just why Violet should've won Willy Wonka's factory.
Despite prefacing the whole essay by stating that she hasn't watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in over a decade, her theory reads like someone who has done nothing but watch the movie on repeat.
Here are the reasons why Violet and not Charlie should've won the chocolate factory, all of which is summed up to be best of our ability:
- She's the most knowledgeable about candy and really knows her stuff, which was demonstrated when she managed to recognise Willy's experimental gum despite never seeing it before.
- Swapping to chocolate bars for the golden ticket contest shows she has discipline and is goal orientated.
- She is competitive, determined, hard-working, and willing to take risks, making her most fit to run a business. Her father is also a car salesman and politician, and could also help brush up her skills.
- She is most sympathetic to the Oompa Loompas.
- She's just a better fit as the next Willy Wonka compared to the passive naivety of Charlie since she's already passionate about candy, sarcastic, and gives no hoots about anyone else.
If you want to read the whole thing - which you should because it is crazy impressive - check it out right here.
Unsurprisingly, this theory caught fire with the internet and was quickly retweeted over 50 thousand times (at the time of writing).
While we love the movie just the way it is, we have to admit that this new theory does shine a new light on Willy Wonka, enough that our next rewatch will be tinged with the question of "what if Violet actually did win the chocolate factory?"
At least "The Candy Man" remains unchanged with this theory!
Image Credit: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory/Paramount Pictures
ENOUGH WORDS! RELAX YOUR EYEBALLS WITH THIS VIDEO
We just ‘ADORE’ having Amy Shark in Nova’s Red Room. Check it out below, it’s a lot better than our pun.